Menu

Texas A & M

bettyandbob

I don't live anywhere near Texas. A student I know is interested and is saying the GPA required is a 2.5. I've been explaining that there's a difference between what's published on the school website and the stats of the students who are actually admitted. 

My alma mater publishes admitted student stats every year in the alumni magazine in May. The last several years the average unweighted GPA has been 3.9-4.0, yet I believe they have listed 2.5 as an application requirement somewhere. When the truth is no one with a 2.5 would ever be admitted (not even a really good basketball player). 

I'm sure there's some very obvious place that can tell me statistics on admitted students. It is likely this student will attend community college for a year before he applies, but he's not sure. So, he needs to know stats on transfer students too. 

I thought Texas A&M was fairly competitive. 

It's been a number of years ago but I went to Texas A&M and majored in civil engineering.  It was competitive.  There are lots of qualified kids going there so you need to have a good GPA and resume.  

If he wants to be an Aggie he will need good grades and test scores...   When I lived in Texas (28 years) A&M had the only Vet school in Texas. That may still be the case. It was much harder to get into Vet. school than Medical school, since there is only one Vet. school.