Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheryl B in VA

Ancient History project assignments

Hi, all. It has been a long time since I have been on this board, but I hope you will still help me  :001_smile: . I am using The History of the Ancient World  to teach my son and one other young man (both 10th grade) in the upcoming school year. I have paired it History of the Ancient World: A Global Perspective by The Great Courses. I am using the Study & Teaching Guide for weekly assignments. I would like to add two projects or research paper assignments. I have searched the web for hours for ancient history project assignments and have found a lot geared at sixth grade. Could anyone share what they assigned as an extra project or research paper for ancient history? I would so appreciate assignment instructions that I don't have to think of from scratch.

Thank you!

Cheryl

Perhaps you could put the burden of finding the topic on your 10th graders; encourage them to brainstorm some topics and help them narrow down? Help them discover something they find intriguing from the reading/lectures.

There have been a few modern rewrites of myth. O Brother Where Art Thou. Percy Jackson. James Joyce's Ullyses.

What about having them retell one episode from the Odyssey in a modern setting.