Menu

history of the renaissance world-what else did you use???

Hi,

I am considering using Susan Wise Bauer History of the Renaissance -we have done the other two a few years back-

wondering what else people have used for assessments/tests, map work or additional reading.  How do you I go about creating a course using this resource?  Really would love some advice and help!!!

Thanks,

pam

I am planning on using Speilvogel's World History along side it, only because I already have a copy of this text.  If I find Western Civ before the fall, we will use that.  We did some of the ??'s from World History last year, both orally and written.

We will also be selecting literature readings from the Medieval/Renaissance time period out of our EIL courses.  Our library also has a book called Literature Links to World History for K-12 that was helpful in finding appropriately aged books for any time period, separated by fiction, non-fiction, and DVD selections.  I went thru the book and wrote down sources I thought DD would enjoy reading.

DH loves history so he really enjoys discussing the who's and why's with DD, and they do this at least once a week throughout the school year.