Menu

Project Based Learning - Suggestions?

I have the Independent Study Program kit from Prufrock Press and it is very thorough. The Teacher Guide has information on providing guidance, setting expectations and evaluating work. The Study Booklet is where the student documents what has been done and plans what to do next. The chapter titles are Beginning My Independent Study; Selecting My Topic; Organizing My Topic; Asking Questions; Using a Study Method; Collecting Information; Developing a Product (output); presenting information; evaluating my independent study. The Resource Cards are for the student - they show how to write certain types of letters, present data, do types of research, etc.. 

If you do a search for "project based learning" on Amazon, several resources come up - you might find something useful there. 

I suggest you let him work on more than one project at a time if he would like to - it's good for a change of pace.  

Since you said student led, does that mean you will be letting him determine what he wants to learn about?