Menu

Grammar for dds- catch up

I am trying to decide on Grammar for my 8th and 9th grade dds. They have had basic grammar, parts of speech, etc.; however, this is a weak area for them. I need something they can be pretty independent on, and I am looking at Growing With Grammar, maybe Level 6 or 7? What do you think? Thanks, Lillian

I like the looks of Hake for dd in 9th grade. She definitely isn't ready for book 8. Would it work to do 6 in 9th grade and 8 in 10th grade? I would like her to just have writing and vocabulary by her junior year, if her base is steady. Thanks for the suggestion. Lillian

I like the looks of Hake for dd in 9th grade. She definitely isn't ready for book 8. Would it work to do 6 in 9th grade and 8 in 10th grade? I would like her to just have writing and vocabulary by her junior year, if her base is steady. Thanks for the suggestion. Lillian

There's a good possibility it would work. The books have lots of review, so some people do skip levels.

• 3 weeks later...

Analytical Grammar

Do all 3 seasons in 1 to 1.5 years. Then, grammar is finished for high school. After the first few lessons,we split the lessons into two days; i.e. about 30 minutes per day. I was semi-involved -- checking and help with the diagramming, but it is easy to implement.

I highly recommend AG.