Menu

Anyone in Northern Virginia?

Guest palmeramy10

Guest palmeramy10

We are new to homeschooling this year and I am especially looking for groups for High Schoolers for book groups, science fun, and people who just love to play music (particularly orchestra and piano). We are in the Vienna area.

Look into TAP--Teens at Play. They have a really nice group. It's a little far from Vienna (more Springfield/Lorton/Alexandria area, IIRC), but there might be another group out by you.

Also Sharenet is a monthly e-newsletter in the NoVa area. It lists tons of classes, get-togethers and groups. Ask Betty here on pm if she has the address to subscribe to it. It's free. I know there are lots of homeschoolers in this area who get it (I used to but I don't remember the address to subscribe.)

Capital baptist church in Annandale has a fantastic homeschool co-op. We had 120 9-12 grade students last year. Lots of great enrichment classes and a very robust drama program as well as 2 speech and debate clubs. Our Odysey of the mind team has qualified for world competition before. I am teaching a digital electronics class this next year for high schoolers and coaching a CyberPatriot competition team. They have 3-4 socials each year for the high school students.

Look into TAP--Teens at Play. They have a really nice group. It's a little far from Vienna (more Springfield/Lorton/Alexandria area, IIRC), but there might be another group out by you.

Also Sharenet is a monthly e-newsletter in the NoVa area. It lists tons of classes, get-togethers and groups. Ask Betty here on pm if she has the address to subscribe to it. It's free. I know there are lots of homeschoolers in this area who get it (I used to but I don't remember the address to subscribe.)

Could you provide a link or something for this?  I live in Lorton and have a high schooler and am very interested.  I have never heard of it before and could not find anything at all when I tried to google it last night.