Menu

great deal if you like magic tree house books

Yesterday afternoon I took ds through the drive through at Wendy's and discovered their "toy" right now is magic tree house audio books. We listened to it and the kids really enjoyed it, so later I went back and bought the other 3 titles we didn't get at lunch. I paid $3 for 3 audiobooks. I do not know if this is the promo for Canadian wendy's only or for in teh states too, but if your kids like magic tree house it is a very cheap way to get some audiobooks.

Do you know if they were abridged or unabridged?

it doesn't say on the packet, but my guess is unabridged. They are read by Mary pope Osborne and about an hour in length. They were put out because MTH is going on stage as a musical play, so this is the promo.

Do you have to buy the meal to get the audiobooks? Or will they sell the audiobooks separately?

The first one we got with a meal as I didn't know that's what the toy was, a few hours later I went back and bought only the cd's separately, no food etc and they sold them to me no problem.

I called the closest Wendy's and they said they'd sell the audiobooks separately...so I grabbed the kids and went through the drive-through. I got a complete set of four for us and a complete set of four for my sister-in-law's kids. I didn't have to buy the meals. :thumbup:

We went through Wendy's the other day and got three kids meals, I was so happy when I saw what the prize was! Then when we got home we discovered that they forgot to put the prize in the bags!! GRH!!

You made it all the way home before finding out? My kids are checking for the prize before I have even put the car in gear to leave the drive thru window lol

You made it all the way home before finding out? My kids are checking for the prize before I have even put the car in gear to leave the drive thru window lol

The funny thing is I looked in each bag before I drove away to make sure the order was correct, my dd8 always wants oranges instead of fries so I wanted to make sure we had the oranges. I completely missed that they wasn't any prize in the bags!! :tongue_smilie:

The funny thing is I looked in each bag before I drove away to make sure the order was correct, my dd8 always wants oranges instead of fries so I wanted to make sure we had the oranges. I completely missed that they wasn't any prize in the bags!! :tongue_smilie:

Yesterday afternoon I took ds through the drive through at Wendy's and discovered their "toy" right now is magic tree house audio books. We listened to it and the kids really enjoyed it, so later I went back and bought the other 3 titles we didn't get at lunch. I paid $3 for 3 audiobooks. I do not know if this is the promo for Canadian wendy's only or for in teh states too, but if your kids like magic tree house it is a very cheap way to get some audiobooks.

Thank you for sharing this :001_smile: