Menu

This bothers me regardless from which angle I view it

Liz CA

I know you guys think I'm funny.  But I have an old boyfriend from high school that was controlling/abusive.  He showed up at my college unannounced.  Several years ago I got some hang up calls.  It was weird.  Come to find out my mom ran into him about the same time.  ( He is a lawyer now. She told him all about my being married, etc.)  Coincidence...maybe.  But I just don't really want him to know where I am.

I don't think your posts are funny at all...but then I occasionally work with abused women. I hope the hang-ups were just wrong numbers and nothing else.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get why it matters. I mean, what's going to happen from my picture being on fb? Nothing. It's just there.

It's also in old yearbooks, in newspapers, and various other media.

I feel like people love to demonize fb. If people you don't know see your picture, who cares? When I see pictures of people I don't know I don't even glance twice at them.

I'm sorry. I just don't get why it's a big deal. *shrug*

I don't mean to single out FB, however, the pics were posted there. For all I know they are on numerous other sites as well.

Interesting. I google myself regularly but evidently I've been careful enough so nothing comes up...yet.

Fortunately for me, there is a slightly famous person with my name, so the first several pages are all about her.

But, do you own your house? Housing purchase records are all online. I found my old childhood friend (who I haven't contacted) this way. I mean, it's weird and creepy; I haven't spoken to her in 20 years but I know her new name and her husband's, the address of her house and how much she paid for it. It's really unfathomable how much is out there.

Well I just googled our address... hilarious. The google map picture is of a place on our road about 4 miles away. A couple of other things I found don't have our name at all but says our house is over 7,000 square feet!!!!! ( Try not even half of that!) So I guess I'm safe... No name anywhere

Oh, yeah. That reminds me. Google Earth. You can find some remarkable details with it. I was feeling sentimental for my Grandmother's old house, so I googled the address. I could view the Street View of my grandma's house. Pretty amazing, really. Don't like what they've done with the yard. My Grandaddy would roll over in his grave if he knew.