Menu

Online classes such as Potters and Landry and others

I would love to hear more about these!!!

The one area I struggle with is English..writing and literature. Maybe I would like to try some of the other classes too.

I would love to hear people's experiences, good and bad, about these two schools and other such schools like that. (no interest in the public school charters like K12 and Connections and such).

No theological concerns. I actually am great with teaching from a variety of religious sources. I am the odd one out who would be happy to use BJU, Seton, or even Oak Meadow. 

I was looking over the course lists from Landry and from Potters and they both have a lot to offer. I am unsure what else is out there. I know I would love to have someone else teach my children writing and lit. Other courses would be interesting too.

My ds (13 year old) took "Journey to Narnia" from the Potter's school.  It was great.  Ds had to write a variety of papers with thesis and also answer questions from the Narnia books he was reading.  In those questions, there was a lot of creative writing assignments, questions about author themes, Biblical themes, and just general comprehension questions with a twist.  He is taking English 2 next year and a Logic class from the Potters school.  My weakness is English writing and Literature discussion.  While I wish there was a face to face class he could take, that is just not possible here so this is the next best thing.  I also found that my ds really works harder for other people and likes to get a good grade.  Overall, I was really happy with the class.  It really pushed him to do better and really helped him improve his thinking skills and writing skills.

Beth