Menu

teaching the classics and world view supplement

Has anyone used this that can give me a review.  I am considering it for my 15 year old-she will be soph..  I think she has some basic understand of literary concepts: characters, setting, -not sure she fully understand plot though.  Is it worth going through the "teaching the classisc" part, or is this pretty basic?  Wondering if it will be to easy for her.  Just looking for overall review of this.

Thanks

pam

I haven't used the World View supplement, but I did Teaching the Classics in a group setting with a bunch of middle schoolers and their moms.  We used a syllabus that I found for free on their website.  I'd have to say that just about all the moms commented on home much they learned, not just their daughters.  It really helped our book club discussions. 

I haven't used the World View supplement, but I did Teaching the Classics in a group setting with a bunch of middle schoolers and their moms.  We used a syllabus that I found for free on their website.  I'd have to say that just about all the moms commented on home much they learned, not just their daughters.  It really helped our book club discussions. 

I didn't think either of my kids that were home that year needed it, but was pleasantly surprised and pleased with the program. We also used Jill Pike's syllabus and I think it adds definite value to the existing exercises.