Menu

new RightStart math worksheets

lacell

I really want to do Right Start with my son but he loves workbooks and I am concerned that there will not be enough worksheets for him. For those who have used the new RightStart, do you think there are enough worksheets in the new RightStart A or B to please him?

I haven't used Right Start fully, but a couple of thoughts...

My kids also liked the simplicity of worksheets when they were really little.  And they quickly outgrew it.  So don't assume it will necessarily last.

If there aren't enough worksheets, you can always print some from a free site like worksheetworks and let him worksheet to his heart's content while getting superior math education with the manipulatives.  Or, conversely, you can get the Right Start games and/or the abacus activities book and use them to supplement a more workbooky program like Math Mammoth or even MEP or Miquon or the like.

We're using A 2e, and like PP's said there are very few worksheets, and many of these are cut/paste/fold/arrange types of activities or games, rather than fill in the blank. (This was one of the main reasons I chose RS actually, because I personally hate worksheets, haha. Their activities are much more interesting.) But the fill in the blank type are easy to find anywhere, and can easily be chosen to align with what's being taught at the time through RS. You can find free or inexpensive workbooks that cover the same topics, and use the RS manipulatives and techniques your child is learning to complete them.

Or, conversely, you can get the Right Start games and/or the abacus activities book and use them to supplement a more workbooky program like Math Mammoth or even MEP or Miquon or the like.

In your opinion, what would we miss out on if we did it this way?