Menu

? about younger grades of teaching textbooks

sdobis

My older son is using the Geometry 2.0 that allows you to work all problems on the computer and automatically grades each problem. Is this the same for the younger grades, specifically 5th grade, or do answers need to be written out and graded by me?

Computer grades them.  But especially with youngers I have found that if they do the work in the workbook first, then enter the answers in the computer, there is higher retention.  Also, they have something written to refer to if they make an error.  When we were using TT I would give them a checklist of things to look at to try to determine why they made a mistake themselves (computational error, lack of understanding of the question, lack of understanding of the concept, etc) then see if they could correct it before watching an explanation on the computer.

Thanks for the replies. While I like my daughter to write out problems,she is a whole to parts thinker and doesn't always find every step necessary in finding the answers. (I wish I understood her brain more!) I would definitely be nearby to help as needed and would check her gradebook daily to see where she struggles.