Menu

Anyone know about Warren Wilson College

bettyandbob

This came up when I was looking places dd might expand her search.

Did any of you attend/send a child/know someone there?

I think it's still pricey (for us) with the required work study. I can't tell from the website if the school has their own merit based scholarships.

We went to a swim meet there! If possible, do a visit. It is one of those schools people tend to instantly love or hate. I thought the campus was very nice. (The pool was...not so nice though.) Right outside of Asheville. Seemed very outdoorsy. From my understanding, the students do ALL of the work/upkeep on campus. I found that to be an interesting concept. I don't know about scholarships there, but their site does indicate that they have merit aid. Sorry I can't be of more help. 

• 3 weeks later...

Late post,

I stayed with my son for a week there during the summer - a famous music education event is held there during the summers.

My son and I thought it was quite charming .   The scenery is amazing as its in the mountains and the folks I did meet from there

were very friendly and down to earth.  Food in cafeteria was good and the facilities were nice (although no AC in some of the dorms)

Looking forward to going back next summer.