Menu

Fibro neck pain :/

Peaceful Isle

I am suffering tonight, and the last few days actually, with such extreme neck pain. The fibro kind :( it hasn't been this bad in sooooo long. I've had a really busy, kinda stressful last few months, so I knew this was coming. I just forgot how bad it can get.

What are some helpful things I can do to relieve some of the pain? Advil, of course, does not help. Heat helps some, but makes me perspire :p

Anyone have a trick that could help me?

Take a paper cup filled with water and freeze it. Once it is frozen, peel down the edge to expose about 1/8 of an inch of ice. Have someone rub the ice up and down your neck muscles wiping with a towel between each stroke. Repeat for about fifteen minutes 2 to 3 times per day. Gentle stretches as tolerated and a good myofascial release massage will eventually ease the pain.

I don't know enough about them to give detailed directions, but have you ever tried essential oils? I'm just beginning to experiment with them, and am finding a good bit of relief (I have MS). Because I already had a sample on hand yesterday, I rubbed a few drops of doterrra's ylang ylang into my neck/shoulder in an attempt to find relief, and it worked. I did a second application about 30 min. later, and haven't had any pain there since. I don't sell them, and I'm just beginning to learn how to use the oils, but I'm hopeful that I'll be able to cut back on some of the medications I take, especially for pain relief.