Menu

s/o: can someone please explain P90X3 to me?

mathnerd

I am a non-tv watcher - so have not seen the P90X3 on TV on the infomercials. An acquaintance was raving about it (in my son's swimming class and I have not seen that person recently to check with him). I saw the other thread about losing a lot of weight using this program. Could someone explain it to me? Is it an exercise video or is it an exercise equipment? Thanks!

ETA: How much does it cost?

Just wanted to say that a local friend and I have been doing this since January. She is a veteran of the first two programs (and in great shape) but I had never used them. They are 30 minute workout videos of many varieties (upper body strength, lower body strength, cardios, yoga/flexibility types). There are 12 total and a few standalones you can by. They are scheduled for you with a couple of alternatives emphasis on strength, emphasis on lean cardio, emphasis on bulk. We did a 12 week cycle of basic strength and are now doing a 12 week cycle of the lean cardio. We still do strength, just less of it. Pros: 30 minute intense workouts, variety keeps me from boredom, am stronger for sure Cons: doing the basic program I bulked up a bit (not my intention) although I did tone some, didn't see weight loss. Very little equipment is required just hand weights and pull-up bar, a few other extras, but not necessary.

I like the lean schedule better. When doing the classic I added in some extra jogging on my own before I saw any weight loss. PM if you have specific questions.