Menu

help me figure out which printer I want for our home

ProudGrandma

I have a color laser multi-function printer but it's dying.  I started looking at options...

what I mostly do is black and white printing...but I like to have the color option when I need it.  I don't fax.  Rarely scan, but make copies occasionally. 

I noticed that the inkjets were less expensive than the laser.  Since i am not running a business...mostly making school papers, I don't need the highest of quality. 

What are the biggest differences between an inkjet and laser? 

What sort of copier would be a good choice for me?

I bought a non-wireless black and white Samsung printer, an Xpress M2625D. I totally love it. It is fast and cheap, just what I wanted, and the print quality is very good. There is also a default eco setting, which reduces the amount of toner and prints on both sides of the paper.

we just bought a b/w laser printer.   We spent time considering it, figured we mostly do project papers/letters, etc.  Ink jets are cheaper- but the ink was *always* running out and expensive.  However, within a month or two I was missing the color option.   I think whatever you choose you'll probably find you'll need/want color more than you think.   At least that has been my experience.

I'm now looking out for a small cheap color ink-jet (since they do color better than laser). that we can have as a 2nd printer.  Ugh.

I like my wireless HP inkjet. There's a print option for fast, black & white only that I use a lot for school stuff--it really prints fast. And it's a copier and scanner too. I use the copier a lot and the scanner from time to time. It does go through ink, but I've been happy with the functionality it provides.

I like my wireless HP inkjet. There's a print option for fast, black & white only that I use a lot for school stuff--it really prints fast. And it's a copier and scanner too. I use the copier a lot and the scanner from time to time. It does go through ink, but I've been happy with the functionality it provides.

which one do you have?