Menu

Larson's Elementary Algebra 4th edition or 5th?

I bought the fifth edition for $5 shipped. There's a new sixth edition which is the one on the website, but the videos line up with the fifth edition perfectly. I went through and the chapter subheadings are the same. I'm not sure the example problem solutions will work. If you already own a 4th edition, I'd check it against the website. If you're buying, I'd go with the 5th edition unless you need to make sure everything matches in which case I'd spring for the sixth (or rent it).

Oh my goodness!  and these are the same as the dvd series like this?  I just want to make sure they are the full version.  Can anyone verify?  Thank you so much!

http://www.amazon.com/Elementary-Algebra-Media-Enhanced-Ed/dp/0618753966/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1400083989&sr=8-3&keywords=elementary+algebra+larson+dvd

ETA:  It seems like the videos go with the 6th edition.  Have you had any issues with it lining up with the 5th edition?  Which edition is the common core edition?  

The online videos are a subset of the DVD videos from what I can tell. I do not have the DVD for the particular course linked above but for another one. The DVD has more material where the instructor goes over additional examples, etc.

I only have the generic ones so I can't speak to the original Chalkdust ones.  However, the generic ones have many hours of videos (over 30+ depending on the course) so they would be very comprehensive if not the same as Chalkdust. 

I own the generic dvds. They cover a combined Elementary and Intermediate Algebra text in addition to a separate Elementary Algebra and separate Intermediate Algebra (tbh, it's a pain to figure out which track goes with your book). So Dana Mosely taped a bunch of Algebra videos, some of which are for Algebra 1, some are for Algebra 2, some line up with the combined text (meant as a remedial Algebra text for community colleges that does both Alg 1 and 2 together). There are 3 different lists of tracks depending on the book you're using.

ETA: The dvds aren't expensive, they were about $25 when I bought them. It's nice to have the back-up in case the website is taken down.