Menu

Songs for memorization?

nwmama

We've been doing Classical Conversations for a couple years ago and my kids love the history and Latin songs but there aren't songs for geography, science, math (except for skip counting), or English grammar. I could pay for their subscription to download user recorded songs but I don't always like them and it's extremely time consuming, besides which, I'm not sure I want to stick with CC and even if I do I'd like supplement.  Are there any programs that have songs for these subjects? 

Geography-

We learned all the African countries and capitals by singing this every week:

He has several others as well. Next year we'll use this too for the the Middle East: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/86483255318485298/

Science -

I also just downloaded three volumes of Lyrical Life Science for roughly $30. There was a teacher's appreciation coupon code still in effect on the site, so I got 20% off. SongsForTeaching.com

English Grammar -

First Language Lessons has an audio companion with grammar chants/songs included.

Definitely do the audio companion to FLL. My kids also like Teacher and the Rockbots as well as Brain Beats. My older two recently memorized all of the kings and queens of England thanks to Horrible Histories. The Animaniacs also have some videos on YouTube.

Thegeyser, thanks for the links! I had no idea FLL had an accompanying CD with rhymes to help remember grammar. Shurley English looks tedious but the chants tempt me to use it with my son who is an auditory learner. Now I have an alternative :)

Geography-

We learned all the African countries and capitals by singing this every week:

He has several others as well. Next year we'll use this too for the the Middle East: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/86483255318485298/

Science -

I also just downloaded three volumes of Lyrical Life Science for roughly $30. There was a teacher's appreciation coupon code still in effect on the site, so I got 20% off. SongsForTeaching.com

English Grammar -

First Language Lessons has an audio companion with grammar chants/songs included.

Do you like the Lyrical Life Science songs? I just found them but have found any reviews.