Menu

Writers - need a recommendation for a how-to

Seasider

on screenwriting. A story I've pretty thoroughly developed is exceptionally visual to me - I think it wants to come out properly as a script rather than a novel.

I've never written a screenplay - have any of you? I hope one or more of you might be able to share your experience and/or refer me to some guidelines for formatting, what details to include in the script in addition to dialogue, etc.

Thanks!

on screenwriting. A story I've pretty thoroughly developed is exceptionally visual to me - I think it wants to come out properly as a script rather than a novel.

I've never written a screenplay - have any of you? I hope one or more of you might be able to share your experience and/or refer me to some guidelines for formatting, what details to include in the script in addition to dialogue, etc.

Thanks!

Well, I've never sold a screenplay, but I did research it years ago. It's essential to get it into proper format to even get anyone to look at it. The book I used was The Screenwriters Bible.

I'm having trouble linking, but the latest is the 6th edition.

In addition to the formatting stuff, you need to put it together with brads.

Good luck!