Menu

Graduation gift ideas needed

Unicorn.

I need ideas for two different gifts. One is for a grad that will be living at home the first two years while going to a local CC for basics. This one is a family friend.

The second one is for a dorm gift basket that will be a part of a silent auction at our sports banquet. Items for this one so far that have been donated are:

twin sheets

iron

ironing board

laundry bag

laundry basket

towels

When I graduated most people gave me a card and money. College wasn't on my radar.

My daughter, at college and without a car, posted a very funny picture of herself soaking wet after walking to the store in the rain, 2 miles round trip. It wasn't raining when she started out. She indicated an umbrella is a good item to have at college.

The second one is for a dorm gift basket that will be a part of a silent auction at our sports banquet. Items for this one so far that have been donated are:

twin sheets

iron

ironing board

laundry bag

laundry basket

towels

Plastic cups or dishes, silverware...I know some big box stores have kitchen starter kits with a mixing bowl, can opener, stuff like that?

I've given college-bound graduates this Rodale's The Synonym Finder.  (My daughter took our copy to college with her.)

Favorite gifts that my daughter received include:

a lap desk

a fountain pen and ink

Some older threads on the same topic:

graduation gift idea needed

graduation gifts ideas needed