Menu

How should I list Third Form Latin on transcript?

The Complete Form Series roughly corresponds to two years of high school Latin.  So 1st/2nd Form would be like Latin 1 and 3rd/4th Form would represent a Latin 2 course.  Typically, Latin 3 is translation of unadapted texts via an anthology.  Latin IV can be AP Latin, though some schools also offer Latin 3/4 Prose, then 3/4 Poetry, rounding it out in year 5 with AP Latin. 

I am not sure if that helps; my children study HS languages in middle school, so I transcript it as prior to 9th grade.

I kinda figured it would be more than Latin I but less than Latin III. So, half a credit of Latin II?

If she continues with Fourth Form for 10th grade, then Henle II for 11th grade (then I don't even know what comes after that???), what would those count for on a transcript? I guess Fourth Form would be another half credit of Latin II. After that?

Henle II would be a Latin 3 credit, at least that's what MP Online calls it. It's a Caesar reading class so I think that would be acceptable. Do you think there's any way your dd could do both 3rd and 4th Form Latin in 9th grade so you don't have to split credits? MP Online offers a high school form class where they do 2 forms each year and then move on to Henle II as their Latin 3 class. They offer independent study options for $100/year if you'd like or need outside verification for the grade.

Thank you for the suggestion. My dd really enjoys Latin and does well with it. Plus, she was already planning to start Third Form in a few week right after she finishes Second Form. If she does them back-to-back like this, she could skip the review at the beginning of each book and then probably finish both in a year. Good idea!

I also didn't know about MPs Independent Study classes. Thanks!