Menu

Satistics course for high school

This just occurred to me so I haven't done research. Y'all know all there is to know anyway. ;)

Is there a intro to satistics course out there suitable for use as a high school course? My son is not strong in math, but functions decently. He may be headed towards a sports marketing type degree. Getting his feet wet in statistics this way would be good. I think. Maybe. Dunno.

Thoughts?

Has he taken Algebra 2? If so then please consider my AP Statistics course at PA Homeschoolers. Once at the website click on Statistics about half-way down the left column. The course does not depend heavily on mathematics but rather he'd be asked to explore and explain concepts with the help of hands-on investigations while using a calculator/technology.

Statistics is great for students not headed for math- and science-related majors, and would be very relevant to a sports-marketing field.

Glad to answer any questions you might have too.

Carole

We used the Carnegie Mellon Open University program online with the McCabe book. There are also Anneberg videos free online that match this book. (Don't have the link bookmarked but a quick search should pull them up.)Both are quite good but the free course is excellent. They will also keep track of the chapter grades for you for a $25 fee. Lots of excellent and real applications.

http://www.cmu.edu/oli/courses/statistics/

Here's another link but I haven't used it.

http://onlinestatbook.com/

HTH!

Mary