Menu

TOG vitrual co-op? Any advice/wisdom

Hi,

Looking for some wisdom, as always, I turn here!!  I am considering joining a co-op on line for Dialectic level and I am wondering if anyone has ever done this before.  If so, can you give me your experience with this?  Has it been positive?  My only concern is having to keep up with the group.  I do like the flexibility to take longer on a week if I need to, but I can also see huge advantages with being with a co-op.  Would love any thoughts/advice.

Thanks so much

Pam

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

To anyone who is following this discussion..... I had my interview with the coop leader this week, and i am so excited.  I must tell you a short story about this.  I have been debating the co-op for a few weeks, and finally decided that it would be too much for my new dialectics to go into a co-op situation doing both the lit. and history discussions.  So I emailed the leader and told her I wasn't going to go through with the interview.  The next day, I was thinking that maybe I had made the wrong decision....that maybe my students would rise to the occasion and do fine.  But since I hadn't already told the co-op leader NO, that was that.  Well.... the co-op leader called later that day to say that she had felt prompting by the Holy Spirit to call me, and just talk about the options of the co-op!!!  So she called, we talked, and she told me the structure of the co-op and it was just what I was needing for my students! As she explained more about the co-op all my fears and worries slipped away.  I am confident that God was working that day, and I am confident that the co-op is where God has led me!!!

So...if you are thinking of a co-op, talk to the leader and find out more information about that specific co-op.  Each one is different and if you pray, God will lead you to the right place!!!

Humbly,

pam