Menu

Mom breastfeeding while drinking beer...arrested

Scarlett

***This is an older thread that I had lost track of, but wanted to comment on.***

So, I've been thinking about this tragic event every now and then. It really baffles me that the baby had such a high amount of narcotics in it's system (I'm talking about the linked article on the first page, but not the OP). The only thing that I can think of is this... It was in the reports that the mother used prescription pain killers in "patch" form. The mother supposedly woke up with the child dead in bed with her. I'm thinking that it's quite possible that one of the patches got onto the baby's skin. Maybe while they were sleeping? Maybe she left it on the bed? I don't know. That would explain why there was such a high narcotics dosage in the child's blood. It just seems so impossible to me that such a large amountt of pain meds could have been transferred through breastmilk.

Obviously, there's no way to rationalize such horrific things such as this, but I've just been thinking about it and wondering what could have caused this poor baby's death.

***This is an older thread that I had lost track of, but wanted to comment on.***

So, I've been thinking about this tragic event every now and then. It really baffles me that the baby had such a high amount of narcotics in it's system (I'm talking about the linked article on the first page, but not the OP). The only thing that I can think of is this... It was in the reports that the mother used prescription pain killers in "patch" form. The mother supposedly woke up with the child dead in bed with her. I'm thinking that it's quite possible that one of the patches got onto the baby's skin. Maybe while they were sleeping? Maybe she left it on the bed? I don't know. That would explain why there was such a high narcotics dosage in the child's blood. It just seems so impossible to me that such a large amountt of pain meds could have been transferred through breastmilk.

Obviously, there's no way to rationalize such horrific things such as this, but I've just been thinking about it and wondering what could have caused this poor baby's death.

it is one of those things that could do with some research.

I know the case here in Australia where the baby died of an ice overdose(methamphetamines) the coroner wanted research done if it was possible for that amount of ice to be in breast milk or if the baby could get a lethal dose from someone's exhaled breath...(ie. sleeping in the same bed as a parent who had smoked ice in another room)

it is one of those things that could do with some research.

I know the case here in Australia where the baby died of an ice overdose(methamphetamines) the coroner wanted research done if it was possible for that amount of ice to be in breast milk or if the baby could get a lethal dose from someone's exhaled breath...(ie. sleeping in the same bed as a parent who had smoked ice in another room)

See, and I'm thinking what if the mom left the patch on the bed and the baby laid on it or rolled over on it...or even reached over and grabbed it off the bedside table. Not that that would excuse her behavior which is obviously addictive behavior. The only thing that I'm questioning here is how that high of a level of prescription pain meds was in the baby's system.