Menu

Recommend a fun read.

Outdoorsy Type

I want to read something:

Light

Romance but not graphic sex.

Sci fi is okay. I love time travel

Some of my favorite time travel books have been Time and Again by Jack Finney and its sequel From Time to Time as well as Replay by Ken Grimwood.  The latter is not time travel per se but see below.

From the Library Journal's review on Amazon (on Replay):

"The possibility of traveling back in time to relive one's life has long fascinated science fiction writers. Without a single gesture toward an explanation, this mainstream novel recounts the story of a man and a woman mysteriously given the ability to live their lives over. Each dies in 1988 only to awaken as a teenager in 1963 with adult knowledge and wisdom intact and the ability to make a new set of choices."

I also enjoyed the young adult book Jumper by Steven Gould and Flashforward by Robert J. Sawyer.

In the romance area, author LaVyrle Spencer -- A couple of my favorites are Morning Glory and Years.

For fun light-hearted reading: The Little World of Don Camillo by Giovanni Guareschi. There are six books. See the Wikipedia entry for details.

Books by Bill Bryson -- He writes non-fiction that is usually entertaining; lots of travel books as well as books about language and a recent biography of Shakespeare. One of my favorites is The Mother Tongue: English and How it Got that Way.

Regards,

Kareni

Very much young adult books, but I've recently been enjoying some free Little Colonel books on my Kindle. 

Positive, pleasant reading with good morals and an idyllic view of the late 1800's early 1900's south.  There is the issue of how race is handled in the story, but if you can read past that they are interesting and fun. 

"To Say Nothing of the Dog" by Connie Willis was a lot of fun.  It says it's #2 in a series, but I didn't know that when I read it and it wasn't a problem.

"The Eyre Affair" by Jasper Fforde.  Such a fun and entertaining book - every bibliophile should read this book!  It's not really time travel.. it's traveling inside books!  It's also alternative history (We're still fighting the Crimean war).  There's a whole series but this is the first one.