Menu

Problem with Writing Strands order

DragonFaerie

I ordered a couple of books from Writing Strands (through their website) almost seven weeks ago.  I got an email confirming my order and have heard nothing since.  No email with shipping info.  Nothing.  I waited about two weeks and then emailed them.  No response.  So about a week later, I called.  I had to leave a message, and nobody ever called me back.  Then about a week after that, I emailed again.  Still no response.  A few days after that, I called again.  Again, I had to leave a message, and again, nobody has called me back.  Now it's been almost seven weeks since I placed my order and I have yet to get an email or phone call back from them, no shipping information, and no books.  So, I've contacted my credit card company to cancel the order.  It's too bad, too.  I really wanted those books.  Has anyone else ever had trouble like this with WS?  I thought they were supposed to be a good company.  I'm very disappointed.

Wow, that's really weird. Writing Strands has been around for a long time, so I assumed they were a reputable company.

Are they a family-owned business? I'm just wondering if maybe they had some sort of major family emergency and had to drop everything because of it or something.

I'm not excusing their non-response -- there's no question that they were entirely unprofessional; I'm just trying to figure out what might have happened. Realistically, if they couldn't ship orders, they shouldn't have accept them. Did they charge your credit card? If they did, that was completely out of line.

I have never ordered from them, but it sounds like a weird situation. It's so disappointing to order something and not receive it, and then not be able to contact them and have to worry about getting your money back.

Thanks for posting about it here, because I'm sure you've saved some people the trouble and aggravation of ordering from them.

I hope you get your refund!

I have never ordered directly from them; I didn't even know it was a possibility. I have always ordered their book from Rainbow or amazon.

I guess that's what I'm going to do.  That'll teach me to stray from my relationship with Amazon. :glare:

Wow, that's really weird. Writing Strands has been around for a long time, so I assumed they were a reputable company.

Are they a family-owned business? I'm just wondering if maybe they had some sort of major family emergency and had to drop everything because of it or something.

I'm not excusing their non-response -- there's no question that they were entirely unprofessional; I'm just trying to figure out what might have happened. Realistically, if they couldn't ship orders, they shouldn't have accept them. Did they charge your credit card? If they did, that was completely out of line.

I have never ordered from them, but it sounds like a weird situation. It's so disappointing to order something and not receive it, and then not be able to contact them and have to worry about getting your money back.

Thanks for posting about it here, because I'm sure you've saved some people the trouble and aggravation of ordering from them.

I hope you get your refund!

Yes, they did charge my credit card.  I'm hoping my credit card company will reverse the charge since I never got the books.  And even if there was some type of family emergency, you'd think a month would be plenty of time to respond to a call or an email.  In any case, I guess I know better for next time.

Yes, they did charge my credit card. I'm hoping my credit card company will reverse the charge since I never got the books. And even if there was some type of family emergency, you'd think a month would be plenty of time to respond to a call or an email. In any case, I guess I know better for next time.

:iagree:

There's no excuse for their actions, and I'm glad you posted about the problem here. There are plenty of reliable, reputable companies to whom we can give our business, and if Writing Strands isn't one of them, there are many other options available.

I'm sure you'll receive your refund from your credit card company, but it's such a nuisance that you have to deal with it.

• 2 months later...

An update: I finally got an email back from Writing Strands, and while I'm still not sure what the problem was, they are making things right.  They have credited my card for the messed up order and are giving me a complimentary book in compensation for the problem, which I think is very nice of them.