Menu

Using PDF Downloads in School

Silly me I loaned my copy of OPGTTR to a friend so she could look it over to see if she wants to use it and I haven't gotten it back yet. It's really not a huge deal, but I would like to keep moving ahead, plus I would love an easy way to take books with us this summer while we travel so we can keep up with some school in the summer. I have an iPad mini and was thinking of buying the PDF to keep working with DD, Does this sound like it would work? I'm not a big apple person so I don't even know if I can use a PDF on it. Do you use any of your textbooks digitally to save space? 

I use my ipad for PDF books all the time. If you just want to read them you can open them in iBooks which comes on the ipad. If y want to write on them you can use an app, like notability. I put our Math Mammoth files in that app,and my girls can do their math on the ipad with a stylus. I also put blank maps and we race to fill them in the fastest and the fullest.

I use my ipad for PDF books all the time. If you just want to read them you can open them in iBooks which comes on the ipad. If y want to write on them you can use an app, like notability. I put our Math Mammoth files in that app,and my girls can do their math on the ipad with a stylus. I also put blank maps and we race to fill them in the fastest and the fullest.

Yes to all of this -- tablets make great PDF readers/writers!

I much prefer using pdf versions of curriculum. We use them on laptops and on our iPad. We have grown to hate physical curriculum, because it never seems to be where we are, while our laptops/iPad always are. Not to mention the clutter!

Thank you so much for the tips! I really think this will go over well, especially to keep some schooling going while we're traveling and keeping access to good read alouds! I got it all downloaded and ready to go last night and of course DD woke up with a stomach bug today :( The best laid plans right?