Menu

four yrs old prek

happycc

He was diagnosed with pdd-nos early on and had 20 some hours of ABA therapy and speec a week  for a year or so and still has 2.5hours of speech a week mainly for articulation but she is also noticing some sequencing issues as well. 

Anyways, I am finding it very difficult to keep him occupied while working with the other ones. 
He is destructive to house and other younger sibling and distracting older kids. He has not found a way to play by himself. 

The only thing that keeps him quiet for a bit is the computer/screen time. 

For a long time he was highly obsessed with parts of motorcycle helmets and wanted to watch ads on motorcycle helmets and luckily that stage has long passed. 

Now for the last 1.5yrs or more he has been obsessed with Spiderman and it moved on to other superheroes. 

I just cant have him watching those all mornings. 

So I have gotten him ABC mouse and Dreambox. 

ABC mouse is a little too easy for him. Dreambox is too hard at times and requires me there. I cannot help as I am in the midst of remediating 10yrs old who still requires me to hand hold quite a bit because of her learning disabilities. 

We do other things usually in the evenings when the older kids are gone to other activities. We do Right start games and all about reading prek and essential math. But he fights working with me a lot. He wants to do things HIS way and to get him to sit down and work with me requires some serious finagling and coaxing but we manage. I have learned he can learn the same amount of information in shorten amount of time using the computer rather than me giving him 1:1 time. I do spend 1;1 time anyway as a bonding time but still he wants to do things on his on. 

Oh I am having serious computer issues..anyways ...my question is:

What else could I add to his online screentime?

Reading Eggs? Reading Kingdom? JumpStart?