Menu

Biology - Science Shepherd

I am considering Science Shepherd biology for my 9th grader next year. I have read several positive reviews of this program, but they are all a few years old. I was wondering if there are any recent reviews of this program. How does it compare to Apologia's?

I haven't used their Biology, but we are using their Life Science course for 8th gr and I think it is thorough and easy to use, in that it is open and go. The Life Science course does not have it's own lab component, they recommend a book to use, so I don't know anything about their own lab materials. We are really enjoying our year and dd13 is learning a lot.

My boys are using it in a co-op situation with a teacher.  It is not an easy text.  It's not super hard, but challenging.  My oldest (10th) says it is written...not enjoyable, but he isn't a huge bio fan.  My 8th grader says it's tough for him, but well written too.  I haven't read it.  I was going to do it at home, but am glad she is teaching it and doing labs!