Menu

FInishing up FLL4, starting analytical grammar

But just read Rhetoric (high school levels in TWTM) and they suggest using Analytical grammar for 9th and 10th grade. 

So if we were to do Analytical grammar now would that be too hard for them and/or what would we use after Analytical grammar then for the rest of middle and high school?

We are using AG this year, 6th grade, and love it.  We completed Season 1 and then did several weeks of Reinforcement and Review.  We started Season 2 this week and DD's retention has been fabulous.  I am very pleased with the program and have not found it to be unreasonably difficult.  IMO, it seems to build nicely upon itself.

As for what we are going to do after- :bigear:.  I can't wait to hear what others have to say.

I am using it for grades six and seven. My son used the sample from the followup to FLL, before it was scrapped for publication, along with Rod and Staff 5. It isn't too difficult at all. I know it is supposed to be enough, but I may use one of the Rod and staff books, either 8 or 9-10, in eighth grade to make sure there isn't anything we missed but not necessarily doing the entire grammar portion of the book. I'm going to look at the high school AG reinforcements as well, and possibly use those in grade 8/9 instead. Another possibility is Stuart's, which is very inexpensive and I already have.