Menu

awanas.TNT question

athomeontheprairie

does anyone actually make it through the gold sections? at this point as long as we don't have another cancellation, dd8 will be able to get through silver. but her goal was to make it through gold. is it possible to do the to concurrently? since gold is more writing and drawing and less memorization?

does anyone have any suggestions on how to fit it all in

I am likely no help. We skipped the Glod and Silver and just aimed to finish a book a year. My kids were usually done in the first semester, or pretty close to it. We also memorize scripture elsewhere, so this was supposed to be fun for them. There are not a lot of other kids in the program that are consistent with finishing the books, much less doing the G or S, so it's not a big deal here.

I don't know about whether you can do silver and gold at the same time, but there is a boy at our club that will have them all complete before the end of the year. I understand that he completed about half a Discovery each week though.

I think if you know you can get them all done it might not be a problem to do both at the same time. (You'll want to check with your club and see if they have a preference.) But if you think you might run out of time perhaps it would be a good idea to do the silver first so your child can at least earn that award.