Menu

Starting FLL and WWE in 2nd grade

Momof2littles

My oldest started homeschooling his 2nd grade year....we used WWE1 and FLL2.  Worked very well for him, as the writing curriculum was more difficult for him.  FLL1 is pretty simple; everything is reviewed in FLL2 but at a faster pace (not fast, just faster.)  You don't need to use the levels concurrently.  

When my dd was in 2nd grade, we did FLL2 without using FLL1. We also started with WWE1. It was a perfect match for her!

If you decide on FLL2, I have some worksheets that go with it that I'm making for my ds, whom is in 2nd grade this year. He is doing really well with them! http://www.murrayshire.blogspot.com/p/first-language-lessons-2.html

They are free and I make them as we need them! I think we are up to lesson 50 now in FLL2.

You may want to look at the samples for WWE 2. If she's done MFW 1, perhaps she could go straight into WWE 2 then.

We aren't quite done with MFW 1st but it has been awesome. We'll finish in about 2 months.

She is beginning to write quite well. She wants to write multiple sentences in her Bible notebook, but only has space for one sentence.

The samples for WWE2 seem to have disappeared. We have just restarted WWE1 after a long break. DS6 has just started the equivalent of 2nd grade and DS4 will start the equivalent of K in 3 months. I think DS4 is actually better at the narration questions than DS6.