Menu

Armstrong Alterna vinyl tiles for kitchen flooring...anyone use this?

jak of in

I know nothing about them.  the fact you grout them bodes better than peel and stick tile.  (my dd has it in her house.  all floors are on the list to replace.)  but good quality grout, or grout that has a sealer so it won't absorb dirt, spills or stains can get expensive, so add that into your cost.  include installation and all materials in your cost estimates.

I have stone - I had prefinished hardwood.  (my dishwasher leaked underneath the floor.  at least my homeowners policy paid to replace it.)  I don't like ceramic - it's very cold.  there is also porcelain tile that looks like wood.  porcelain is good as the color goes all the way through.

I bought six last weekend to put in the box cabinet under my sink. I am not convinced that they would hold up beyond a year or two in my house. They seem easy to rip (I cut mine with scissors to fit around plumbing pipes), and I imagine crumbs sticking along the side....even if you grouted them, there's not enough depth to make it work, I think.

I'd look at $2-3 ceramic tile instead. Sometimes you can come across the .99 stuff.