Menu

Supercharged Science MASTERY program..???

DragonflyAcademy

Has anyone used the Supercharged Science Mastery Program? I've always liked the look of Supercharged Science but the monthly fees plus the gathering of supplies.. etc.. held me back.. 

However it looks like the Mastery Program is a bit different? That is is more self paced..DVD driven and not all online at certain times...? Plus it seems to come with all the materials..

I am wondering if this would fit my need for a good, solid, science program for my kids (currently first, fourth and seventh)...

I need something that is solid, factual, open and go, easy to implement, interesting, current and fun... a hard bill to fit. If it can last a few years for each kiddo.. even better....

Does this program allow say.. a first grader to work through it and then revisit it a few years later and get more depth out of it..? or is it sort of use once per kid and done sort of thing..??

The cost is.. wow.. but if I can make it work for 3 (and soon 4) kids over a few years.. it becomes much more cost effective.. as I'd be buying separate programs for all of them each year.. and it would probably work out similar in cost

Thanks

I don't think I can help much since I don't have a lot of experience with it but I will add what I can. 

Last summer we did e-camp and we really enjoyed it.  I planned on doing the mastery program next and we are just now beginning that. 

Our boxes just got here, yay!  Not sure which program you are wanting diamond,silver or gold.  We went with dimond and yes the price is a large chunk. 

But we get 5 years of online which includes all the advanced

topics(which usually cost more monthly).  When I added up what all the experiments were gonna cost it was definatly a benifit

for us. Just the Chemistry set and electronics are a large chuck of $.  This last summer with e-camp I collected all the experiment items myself for the rockets topic and it is not to hard to do.  But for the next 5 years and NOT having to go gather is a also a bonus of my time. 

Aurora has it separated by grades from pre/K up, I looked at the 1st grade at it looks good.  My boys are 9 & 10 but I still wanted to see what the

grades looked like.  We are gonna go with topical studies which I can see would work with different ages because the olders could just dig in deeper.

Thanks!

I was looking at the Diamond package... Do you know if you can rebuy the esubscription if you wanted to use the program after the 5 years?

Would you check in again after you have used it a bit and report back???

You could always just do a monthly subscription afterwards.  But I'm not sure if they do any deals for keeping going after the 5 years is up? 

Sure, I will check back in :) 

I'm going at this program as my main science.  So we will be going through the topics/units almost in the order they are in (a couple changes).  I will read through the main points of each topic (do the reading) and we will do all the worksheets that Aurora has posted.  I will probably tell my boys need to complete a certain amount of experiments for the topic and then they can either watch the others or also do them if they want to.  I do know the mastery has DVD's and I love that it does.  My boys will probably want to watch them for fun :)  But, for our main learning we will structure it around the topics on sciencelearningspace.com.   I will let you know what we think of the rest too though.

• 3 weeks later...

If you get on Aurora Lipper's email list, she may send you offers to review her products for free...  I was going to post the latest I received (yesterday), until I saw she specifically asked recipients not to share.  How did I get on her list?  I believe I signed up for one of her free webinars.  Once she gets your email address, you will hear from her about once a week.  ;)