Menu

Blackwing pencils favored by novelists & composers

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/blackwing-602-why-is-hollywood-600265

My husband sent me this link to an interesting article on the history of a pencil with a unique composition to enhance boldness, strength, and glide and it's famous following among novelists and musicians.

My husband works out of state and during his nightly call asked if I read about the pencils. I had to admit I thought he was joking and didn't click on it to read. No joke and he went ahead and ordered us a set of the pencils, extra square-headed erasers, and a couple of the two step sharpeners to entice the boys with their compositions and drawings. I enjoyed the article and look forward to trying them out.

Aw, man, I so do NOT need to run over to the bookstore today to buy some of these.  My dd saw the article you linked and she wants a pencil.  "Oh, wow, I want to go to the bookstore.  But I have a lot of homework to do.  But I really want a pencil." Yeah, I want one too! :)

Interesting. My DH (a composer) LOVED those pencils and has been lamenting their demise ever since they disappeared from the shelves. He has one genuine Blackwing 602 pencil left now, but I'm sure he will be ordering some of those Palomino Blackwings soon!

It's 10:30 p.m. and DH just ordered two boxes! He's so excited! :-)