Menu

Art Appreciation Notebook

JaneNickerson

We've been on vacation, and I saw all of the art projects that my nephew and niece have done. It's inspired me to look into art appreciation.

My plan is to do something that you've described, but I dont have the resources yet to pull it off. I want prints of ancient history related art work, so that my kids can reproduce them and then write a 1-3 paragraph narrative about the artist. At the end of the year, I'd like to get it bound for them.

I believe that all I need is a collection of prints arranged via the 4 year cycle, but I've yet to locate that.

This seems similar to what you're describing.

Good Luck to both of us!

Kimberly

We just add art/artist pages to our history notebook.

Each page has looked different. Some came out of our God and the History of Art study --

- an Egyptian grid drawing

- a page where ds listed the works of Michelangelo

- a photo of ds trying to paint upside-down

- a page where we printed out the Mona Lisa using Google images, and I typed up the questions that were in GHA. Ds just answered them right on the notebook page (and they made it clear that he did NOT like the Mona Lisa :o)

- a page with ds's backwards writing & his sketching

I thought about having ds do biography pages on the artists, but he's already doing that with composers so these varied notebook pages added more interest.

This book is on my wish list, you could use it for studying art of the time period, or even cut chosen pictures out from it and paste them into the notebook. It features works of art chronologically -- and is HUUUGE (Amazon charges an additional delivery fee due to the weight of it).

http://www.amazon.com/000-Years-Art-Editors-Phaidon/dp/0714847895/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1219075632&sr=8-1