Menu

I can't believe I'm awake

Night Elf

My dog woke me up at 4:30am. I think he needed to go out. But since I was up, I decided I'd go to the bathroom first. Unfortunately, my eyes didn't want to open so I was walking and blinking in the dark. When I got near the door, I thought I was going to clear it but nope! My toes hit the frame first and then my head banged into the frame. It really hurt. Once I let the dogs out, I couldn't go back to sleep because now I'm wide awake. There is no bruise or sore spot on my head so I couldn't have hit it too hard. I think it was just the shock that freaked me out. And now I'm bored because there is little to do at this early hour.

Hey - welcome to my world!  I'm always up at these early hours - couldn't sleep through them if I wanted to... I'm definitely a morning person.  This morning I was out of bed at 3:40am and headed to the shower.  We don't leave for church until 7:15am, so I have plenty of "other" hours to fill - usually on here (well, computer in general - not necessarily this site).  On school days I leave at 6:30am.

Of course, my brain turns off at night around 8:30pm regardless of whether I can go to bed at that hour or not...

Rather than trying to change anything, I'd just adapted to it all...

My normal issue is getting to sleep. I'm ready to go to bed at 9:00pm but my mind/body won't settle to sleep. I read and on a good night I am asleep by 11:00pm, but sometimes not until 1:00am. I used to also have a problem staying asleep but my doctor gave me a sleep med for that. I've never been a morning person though. That was one thing I loved about homeschooling. But then my dd15 started school and I'm her transportation so I wake up on weekdays at 6:30am. The weekends are for sleeping in! Oh well, I'll probably take a little nap later this morning. At least my head doesn't hurt anymore.