Menu

There be dragons! Sherlock S3 discussions

Mom in High Heels

Technically, I think she was bisexual, as she has clearly been with men too.  As a modern day 'courtesan,' she would have probably gone for both sexes, especially if she was in it for information and blackmailing.  Besides, being THAT close to such a hot Sherlock, how could she NOT be turned on?   :D  Oh, and I hated that "ringtone" she put on Sherlock's phone.

Agreed, but she described herself at gay while talking to John at some construction site. Turned out Sherlock was listening in, but neither of them knew it at first. John told her (yet, again), "I'm not gay." She replied, "Well, I am." I know her work involved both sexes, but she described herself as gay. Of course, her pulse and pupils told otherwise. And you and Moxie and I know why. ;)

Speaking of Moxie, why doesn't she come and play with us here?

And why don't we have a social group? Called 221B Baker Street, for example?

ETA: I've never seen the RDJ version. BC brought me aboard this Sherlock ship.   :001_smile:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I didn't stream it early, and have only seen the first episode, but I was also disappointed. I sort of want to watch it again and count how much time was actually spent on the terrorist plot. Sure, it's probably just one piece of a larger puzzle, but so were most of the cases in the Moriarty arc and still managed to stay the focus of the episode.

I'm used to Gatiss-penned episodes being solid, but slightly less clever, however this episode was patently neither. It was a bit out-of-character, too. Sherlock acted hyped up on sugar or something, like he pulled a Poirot and dumped chocolate in his tea.

I was reading discussion about The Empty Hearse elsewhere, and someone pointed out that the original ACD story it's based on doesn't have much plot either.  It's mostly Watson wringing his hands about missing Holmes, with a bit of a mystery thrown in.