Menu

Senior year classes

DS will be a senior next school year. Wow! 😊. I am trying to make a schedule for him but having a lot of trouble. He will be taking 2 classes each semester at community college. The first semester will be English 102 and Math 142. The second semester will be a Physica course and American Government. I am requiring him to take a consumer math course before graduation so that will be in the schedule at home. And he will be doing a modern world literature course at home. Would those classes be "enough"? He plans to continue with community college after graduation to finish his associates there. Then he will either transfer to a university or join the police academy. So should I add some extra classes to his "at home" load? If so, what would be some good reccomendations? He's already completed the required classes for graduation do we'd be looking at electives.

Thanks for the reply!  This is what DS will have by the time he graduates:

English 9th gr

English 10th gr

English 101 (Community College)

English 102 (CC)

Study Skills 1/2 credit

World History 1

World History 2

American History 1 (CC)

American History 2 (CC)

American Government (CC)

World Literature

Algebra I

Algebra II

Geometry

College Alegbra (CC)

Consumer Math

Biology

Chemistry

Human Anatomy 1/2 credit

Forensic Science 1/2 credit

Physics (CC)

Japanese I

Japanese II

Art History

PE and Health

Auto Mechanics Fundamentals

Keyboarding

So he will have enough to complete high school graduation requirements. We just need electives basically.  I like the psychology idea! He chose Japanese as his language because he found it interesting.  We have also considered having him take a Navajo language course because we live in that area.  The local universities around here all except it as a foreign language.  It would probably be extremely beneficial for police work here. 

DS will be a senior next school year. Wow! 😊. I am trying to make a schedule for him but having a lot of trouble. He will be taking 2 classes each semester at community college. The first semester will be English 102 and Math 142. The second semester will be a Physica course and American Government. I am requiring him to take a consumer math course before graduation so that will be in the schedule at home. And he will be doing a modern world literature course at home. Would those classes be "enough"? He plans to continue with community college after graduation to finish his associates there. Then he will either transfer to a university or join the police academy. So should I add some extra classes to his "at home" load? If so, what would be some good reccomendations? He's already completed the required classes for graduation do we'd be looking at electives.

My DS is a senior who took 2 classes a semester at the CC last year and is doing the same this year. In addition to his CC classes we do English 12 (Shakespeare) at home and AP Statistics online through PA HS'ers (I also teach the class but I make him work through the online classroom.)

This past fall he took MicroEcon and College Alg w/ Trig.  The previous year he took MacroEcon and likes the subject so much he has decided to major in Business in college with a focus on Finance and Econ. This term he is continuing with the math and taking Physics.

In response to your question-- Would those classes be "enough"? --- I think so! I'm awarding his CC classes 1 high school credit, which means DS will earn 6 credits this year plus his *fun* PE course.  DS's Physics Prof told them to expect to spend about 10 hrs a week outside of class on the class. That's a lot of time. He spends about that much time weekly on his math class too. Sometimes his AP Stat work gets pushed to the weekend and English to the evenings.

Carole