Menu

Going to NYC

So dd8 has asked to go to NY with Grandma for her ninth next month because brother went to TX with Grandma when he was 9. My sis lives in NY. Sis and Grandma have bought the tickets as a birthday present plus we're staying with sis. Grandma has volunteered to keep the boys while dad works if I go with dd because she doesn't deal well with big cities. So I get to go with dd from Fri til Mon. on a girl's weekend in NY. So, other than the American Girl store, are there any other must sees for 9yo girls in NYC? Sis is working on getting her tickets to see the Mets play ball since dd has requested a profeesional ball game and to see the Statue of Liberty as her top two not to miss things.

So any other must sees?

Would she enjoy a Broadway show? Lion King, Mary Poppins, Little Mermaid would all be appropriate.

If she wants to climb to the top of the Statue of Liberty - well really it doesn't matter - I would still advise being on the first boat out of the day. It will be quite crowded by mid-late morning.

Central Park has some fun walking tours, and a great statue of the dog Balto.

American Museum of Natural History is fun and very kid-friendly. I think it was the museum in "Night at the Museum"

Yeah, we love "Night at the Museum" and that is on my list. She is my sporty girl and wants to do moving stuff. My ds7 would love the plays, but he's not going. I've got Central Park zoo so we can see the penguins. Being in FL, we don't have any at our zoo.

Thanks for the ideas.

Toys R US in Times Square - has a ferris wheel inside!

FAO

Build A Bear

Eat at Serendipity

The Met - great for families!

Thanks. I added them to the list. We're only going to be there Fri. afternoon, Sat., and Sun. We leave Mon. I wish we could stay longer, but this will be pushing it for my 2yo.