Menu

SOTW Vol. 1 With A 5th Grader

Homeschooling6

I can't believe we are returning to the Ancients. It seems like yesterday we were making the Nile River.

We are using SOTW Vol. 1 old version with cd & activity pages. This will be the 2nd time for my oldest because we used this in his 1st grade year. He has listened to the cd many time in between at least once a year. He still enjoys listening so this year I am going to have my 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 5th grader sit in on listening to the cd's.

We have the Kingfisher, Usborne books and other books from our 1st time around with SOTW, but am wondering if I need to add anything for my 5th grader. Do I need to get another history spine or is SOTW okay? Even though we have used it before he really enjoys it and is looking forward to the activity pages.

Side Note:We are are also using MFW CtG mostly for the Bible/Art/Music portion. I wanted to add more history and decided to go with SOTW again.

I am definitely having my fifth grader read through SOTW volume 1 again. I am giving him the tests. It says on the insert that the tests are for 3rd grade and up. This is our second round with volume 1 too. I plan to have him outline more. I want to see how he does. If he zooms through this program, I will have him read Famous Men from Rome and a few other books on Ancients that I want him to read.

Blessings in your homeschool journey!

Sincerely,

Karen

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/testimony