Menu

HOD new World Geo

Anyone here doing this new program?  What do you think of it?  Workload, Geo terms and knowledge/coverage, critical thinking.  I know no one has completed it yet, but still looking for some reviews.  Is there anything you think is missing? 

I'm a bit concerned about true geography coverage that isn't just reading about more places.  I can't find a S&S of McHenry's Mapping the World by Art.  Projects?  If you've continued through is there project redundancy from prior years?  The books. Are you able to do this as a parent with so much reading?

We are starting this in January. I have read the first 5 or so weeks of books and like the choices so far. I'm tweaking the world religions a bit as well as changing some books in the living library. I am liking the bju lit and lit book choices (for boys:). Also like the writing so far. The DVDs really seem to add a lot visually.

I would love to hear what others who have used it think too though!

ETA: chose this WG to use with my STEM guy. Thought it might be interesting enough to get him excited about more than math, science and programming ;)

Kristen

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

We are starting this in January. I have read the first 5 or so weeks of books and like the choices so far. I'm tweaking the world religions a bit as well as changing some books in the living library. I am liking the bju lit and lit book choices (for boys:). Also like the writing so far. The DVDs really seem to add a lot visually.

I would love to hear what others who have used it think too though!

ETA: chose this WG to use with my STEM guy. Thought it might be interesting enough to get him excited about more than math, science and programming ;)

Kristen

I have looked at this as well. Do you mind sharing which books you are swapping out?