Menu

Draw and Write Through History scheduled with SOTW?

Hunter

For some reason I had thought I had seen it somewhere before I made my own because I have been using it, but I can't find it anywhere. Not sure now if I wove it in there on my own or from someone elses suggestion now. It's pretty easy to weave in there though. Fits not too bad. We often leave the writing and pull from somewhere else, but every few weeks we use the writing suggestions. My dd loves to do the drawing while I read the stories.

My current obsession is developing a 4 year 36 week schedule that will get a student from about 3rd grade level PS mess to being able to take the GED and head for junior college maybe needing some remedial classes. One week might not get done in a week, but I need the modules balanced and triaged, and I need to see the big picture.

I want to schedule SOTW and Mr Q. for the social studies and science spines, and am wanting to schedule in the skills (LLtL and RLtL and Japanese math I think), and body and soul stuff around that.

I think I'm pretty much set on Drawing Textbook and Draw and Write through History for all, or the bulk of, the art.

I think I need to print out the 4 year schedules and handwrite, then later on type it all into a spread sheet, I can store on my phone.

I was just hoping someone had done this already. I don't have all the books and my pdf copy of book 2 is missing at least half of the pages. I've emailed the company twice since Sunday morning about book 2 and got no response about that. I know it was the sabbath and then a holiday, but still, there were at least one or two working days in there.

I'm a little obsessed about my schedules the past couple weeks. Sigh! It's my way, I guess, of trying to make some order out of a life that seems otherwise out of order because I HATE the holidays so much.

This thread will probably get bumped again and again, and each time I'll ask myself what the big deal was. Just open the book up and do a drawing that I/student wants to do, when we feel like doing a drawing at all. But today, it seems like a big deal. Today, in some deluded part of my brain, I think a list of SOTW chapters linked to the drawing lessons will make me feel better.

My current obsession is developing a 4 year 36 week schedule that will get a student from about 3rd grade level PS mess to being able to take the GED and head for junior college maybe needing some remedial classes. One week might not get done in a week, but I need the modules balanced and triaged, and I need to see the big picture.

I want to schedule SOTW and Mr Q. for the social studies and science spines, and am wanting to schedule in the skills (LLtL and RLtL and Japanese math I think), and body and soul stuff around that.

I think I'm pretty much set on Drawing Textbook and Draw and Write through History for all, or the bulk of, the art.

I think I need to print out the 4 year schedules and handwrite, then later on type it all into a spread sheet, I can store on my phone.

I was just hoping someone had done this already. I don't have all the books and my pdf copy of book 2 is missing at least half of the pages. I've emailed the company twice since Sunday morning about book 2 and got no response about that. I know it was the sabbath and then a holiday, but still, there were at least one or two working days in there.

I'm a little obsessed about my schedules the past couple weeks. Sigh! It's my way, I guess, of trying to make some order out of a life that seems otherwise out of order because I HATE the holidays so much.

This thread will probably get bumped again and again, and each time I'll ask myself what the big deal was. Just open the book up and do a drawing that I/student wants to do, when we feel like doing a drawing at all. But today, it seems like a big deal. Today, in some deluded part of my brain, I think a list of SOTW chapters linked to the drawing lessons will make me feel better.

I totally get it. I get a little obsessed after the holidays too. Half my house has been repainted, I have books scattered everywhere trying to reorganize school schedules to make them better, and I have slept rather pitifully.

I hope you manage to squeeze more order out of your chaos than I do and hopefully the company gets a hold of you soon. Things like that annoy me like crazy.

I totally get it. I get a little obsessed after the holidays too. Half my house has been repainted, I have books scattered everywhere trying to reorganize school schedules to make them better, and I have slept rather pitifully.

I hope you manage to squeeze more order out of your chaos than I do and hopefully the company gets a hold of you soon. Things like that annoy me like crazy.

Yes, I'm really annoyed, and trying to keep my annoyance in context. I think the thing that is annoying me the most is that I have no idea whether I'm going to get a response at all. And with my schedule obsession I don't want the series at all unless it's complete.

Maybe I can get the hardcopy book from the library through interlibrary loan and scan the pages. I'm paying way too much to have to do that though. And what if I order more incomplete books and get no response? Or the next file doesn't download at all. I'm borrowing trouble, I know.

I just remembered there is a phone number listed. I guess I should try calling that tomorrow.

I'm going to clean out the freezer next, and empty out one of the nonfood cabinets, to make more room for canned goods. And do some laundry is the communal washing machine is FINALLY free.

I hate the holidays!

A fixed copy of book 2 should be available on Monday. Book 5 was also incomplete, but has now been fixed. If you downloaded these eBooks in the past, you better check your copies.

Thanks for the heads up. I have the downloaded on my computer for later this year and hadn't even though to look them over carefully. That was careless of me. Thanks again for the reminder.

The author has e-mailed me twice, now. The second time I got another link to an incomplete book 2.

Don't download 2 or 4. First she thought is was 5 that was incomplete, but now fixed. It looks like at least 2 and 4 were incomplete and that neither has been fixed after all. I think maybe 5 was never a problem and that she just mixed it up with 4. I don't know.

But check ALL your ebooks!