Menu

Where do you buy Lial's BCM?

Mamabyrd

Here's a link to the 6th edition we used. There is a 7th edition out, and I think an 8th edition now. There is *very* little difference among the editions. Seems like the publishers change just a few minor items every year so they can come out with a new edition. 6th edition worked fine for us. Answers to the odd problems and all chapter and cumulative tests are in the back of the book.

You can purchase the DVT (digital video tutor) for BCM if you like, although most people don't bother. These are short chalkboard-type teaching lectures that the student can play and watch on the computer. Each mini-lecture is coordinated to a small section of the book. I found the DVT at Barnes & Noble online. Once you have the ISBN of the edition you want, you can check used book places such as Amazon, half.com, bestwebbuys.com, etc. for best price.

You do *not* need the MyMath lab. It's used by classroom teachers.

If you decide to go with Lial's for algebra, it's probably best to buy a Value Pack from the publisher's website that includes the student worktext, solutions manual, and DVT. However, for BCM, you're just fine purchasing a used book in good condition. Lial has several math series. The one that is usually recommended here comes in paperback format.

What IS the publishers website? I CAN'T find it! :(

It changed, so my old links no longer work. I'm sure someone on the High School Board would be able to give you the new website. It's not as good as the old one, though -- very difficult to search for what you need.

Wow! Looks like they no longer offer the Value Packs. You used to be able to get the textbook, solutions manual and DVTS in a package for the price of the textbook alone. Now they are all individual add-ons. Or am I missing something?