Menu

Main shaft in my Bosch Universal mixer not spinning

momee

A friend of mine has had some issues with her bosch recently, she even got a new shaft (they have changed the design a bit to make it sturdier) but still had to send the machine in cause the new shaft didn't totally fix it.  Its only a 3 year warranty.  She has done some digging and some machines from five years ago have had some problems.  She has been borrowing mine to keep herself in homemade bread.

Do you have the kind with a main bowl and then a side post which can connect to a blender or food processor? If so, check that the white disc which covers the shaft for the accessories is on completely and correctly. It can be a bit fiddly because it doesn't click the way the bowl or accessories do. Then check that the bowl is on completely and snaps in. Bosch has a safety element, if items which are supposed to be covering the turning shafts are not connected it will not go at all. 

That's the easy fix. I've done that to myself a few times. If that doesn't help then you should call the company.