Menu

Brand new and about to start homeschooling

StephTX

Hi everyone,

I'm a stay at home mom of 2 - a 10 yr old son and 7 yr old daughter. We are in Texas, hence the screen name.  I'm about to withdraw my son from his school (that we don't love) and begin homeschooling  him for the remainder of 4th grade. He has Asperger's Syndrome, and ADHD. His special needs and a negative school environment (from both teachers and students) have led us to this point. For the time being, my 2nd grade daughter, will stay at her public elementary school (that we do love). 

I've been researching homeschool information and curricula like crazy and believe I have finally settled on some of them, but that is probably subject to change before it's all said and done. I look forward to getting to know everyone around here.

Hello,

I am new, also. I have a 10-year-old son and a 9-year-old foster daughter. The foster daughter is required ato attend public school, but I am going to begin homeschooling my son for the spring semester. Let's keep in touch and see how we are both doing with this.

We live in Missouri in a rural area. I was born in Texas, though, and was one of the first women at Texas A&M.

Welcome to everyone.  I started a year and a half ago.  Hope your journey is a fruitful and rewarding one.  And to MommyB2Many, I have friends in West Texas and in the MId-west.  Only one homeschools, currently, but she has a LOT of contacts with homeschooling groups in various locations.  If you need info, I can email her...we are in Texas, too, but unfortunately nowhere near you.