Menu

Is TCC's History of the United States, 2nd ed likely to become more affordable by year's end?

I'm interested in buying History of the United States, 2nd edition from The Teaching Company, but even on sale, it is still expensive.  I would want the DVD version, and it is currently $199.95 (sale). 

I remember many of their courses went on a massive sale around Christmas/New Year's last year.  Is it possible that this course might be offered at a reduced sale price in the next few weeks?  Or, is this just about as good a price as this course is likely to get?

Did any of you buy it for less than $199.95 last year?

I looked at today, and it and it comes up at $120 for the dvd. Looks interesting.  I wonder if I could use it along with MFW US1 next year.

Did you click a link in an email? It's showing the "regular" sales price of $199.95 for me. If you can post the coupon code (letters or letters+numbers) or the priority code (numbers) that is bringing up $120 price for the DVDs, the OP might be able to get it for the same price. And if that's a priority code, she can add the coupon code I posted above for an extra 20% off.

Thank you, everyone for the comments.  I've been back and forth from home today and have not had a lot of time to focus on this.

I've never used audible before, but our internet service is cost prohibitive regarding streaming audio/video.  Also, with two other kids coming along, it would be handy to have the course on DVD.  

Blossom Girl, please post the code(s) you're using to get to $120.  That is a great price.

Thanks for that priority code, I just got the 36-lecture Geological Wonders DVD for $44!

If anyone is interested in the Vandiver lectures on the Iliad & Odyssey, you can get both as audio downloads for $20 (total) if you use the extra 20% off code WP46LT. $10 each is even cheaper than Audible, unless you have the Platinum membership. http://www.thegreatcourses.com/tgc/courses/course_detail.aspx?cid=3000

• 3 weeks later...