Menu

Continuing my notebook obsession....talk to me about Moleskine!

HappyGrace

Now there's a notebook I can get behind.

I have a couple Moleskines for different purposes. We use the soft notebooks as reading journals and I have a separate one that I use as a diary of sorts.

In my purse I keep one of the small hard cover notebooks for recording various bits of information (shopping lists, phone numbers and email addresses when I'm out, appointment dates and times). It has an elastic band that keeps other items in my purse from sneaking in between the pages and making a mess of things. It also has a pocket inside the back cover that is wonderful for keeping loose receipts and business cards.

You can't beat the quality of a Moleskine notebook!

I have three Moleskine journals.

- Small size in my purse for notes and miscellanea. Elastic makes sure that it stays closed. Typically get squared paper for this one (a.k.a. "graph paper")

- Large size for spiritual journal.

- Large size for quotes ... sort of a common-place book ... that I keep by my computer.

I am insanely attracted to the new datebook styles, but I use my computer and ipod Touch for that and simply must not go back to paper and pencil (DH and I use electronic planning to synchronize our joint events).

The Moleskine hardbacks are high quality journals that lie flat, have sewn bindings so pages do not come out, and great paper that is thick enough to not bleed but thin enough to feel nice.

An artist friend of mine uses them for sketching.

I use one of these for my sermon notes cause it fits so nicely in my Bible cover. I buy them at Barnes and Noble using my educator's discount. I really like their compact size and the thickness of the paper. I bought one to use as a personal journal also but it's still in its shrinkwrap - best laid plans and all that . . .

I love Moleskine journals. I do not use any others, besides the occasional steno notebook. I have a medium hardcover one in me purse, and I ordered 3 large soft covers for nature journaling that are working out great for us. They withstand a lot of abuse - even while hanging out in a pocket. For portable notebooks, no other can really compare, imho. The pockets are wonderfully convenient as well.