Menu

Ick! Ick! Oh, yuck! I am so grossed out!

We have silverfish in our house! Big ones. Big, shiny, fast ones that keep popping up in places I don't want to find them. So, Great Hive Mind, what do I do to get rid of them? I don't want to bomb the house with chemicals, but I want these things to be gone! What has worked for you? (Oh, please, please tell me something worked for you!!!!!!)

We have silverfish here, too. My bug guy tells me that they like to eat paper, so if you have books or paper around, and water, then they are going to be around.

I have a natural bug guy come now and again and he manages to get the silverfish to go away for a while, but they come back. I got this from the dirt doctor website,

Natural control: Spiders.

Organic control: Indoor control is all that is ever needed. Natural diatomaceous earth, boric acid, and plant oil products.

The dirt doctor is a huge fan of this new kind of diatomaceous earth. It's a lot finer than the other stuff out there. He also recommends always purchasing the food grade stuff. I'm pretty sure my bug guy uses some kind of plant oil product.

Hmm. I should call my bug guy again.

If you want to see the information from the dirt doctor, http://www.dirtdoctor.com/view_question.php?id=738