Menu

Childhood/teen years that you remember clearest/hold dearest?

Tap

Dd and I were talking on the way to school today about one vacation 2 years ago that I think she will remember for the rest of her life.  We spent 10 days at a cabin (just us girls and her BFF), swimming every morning/afternoon followed by a night of them sleeping on the deck watching the stars.  It was a quintessential lake house vacation, with just girls and before boys entered the picture. 

A month ago her boyfriend told me that while he has had summers of amazing vacations with family, that he considered this past summer his favorite of all time.  He perused dd diligently for almost 2 months before he finally won her over. LOL   He has stories about making sure to be in the right place at the right time to run into her, 8,000 texts while she was on a sailing trip for 2 weeks, and buying her treats at the mini-mart when they first met to get her to notice him. 

For me, it was a summer living in Texas in a little bump out town on a lake.  I had a bit more freedom that I should have for my age but my parents had no idea what we were up to since we never got caught, they assumed we were good little teenagers.  LOL  There was pretty much only security guards in town and due to that the police only came around if they were called. We all knew that security would only shew teens away and never reported to parents, so we didn't really worry about getting caught (no one was destructive just normal teen high jinks)    LOL  It was definitely a 'coming of age summer' at 14yo.  :0)  Boys, bikinis and boats.....very little parental oversight and long hot days followed by beautiful evenings on the water. Looking back, I can't believe we did some of the things we did, but it does make for some fun memories.  LOL